Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Let me tell you 'bout my best friend.

Since the title of this blog starts with "My Life" I feel like I should write about one of the most important people in my life. Her name is Caity Cook and she is my best friend. Caity lives in Washington, but we've still managed to travel to visit each other at least once a year since we became friends in third grade. She is now a mommy to the cutest little boy ever, Cohen, and she's pregnant again with her second little boy! It's been truly amazing to grow from kids to adults together and I really look forward to staying friends forever. Here's a little tribute to my best, the person who has grown through life with me, even miles and miles apart.









Last time I was visiting, her little family was getting their family pictures made. I jumped in a few and these pictures were the results. I am so glad that I was in town on this day, because if not we wouldn't have these pictures together. They really mean so much to me because we both look so genuinely happy and it will be fun to look back at these fifty years from now and reminisce on the times we had together. 

Our friendship is so precious to me. It is unique because we don't get to see each other whenever we're in the mood to hang out. The phone is the main source that keeps us up to date with each other's crazy lives and honestly that has made me appreciate her and our friendship so much more. Ever since I moved to DC I've had some adjusting to do. I've been getting used to a new schedule and longer days, and not being able to pick up the phone and call her between classes like I was able to at Auburn. She's such a trooper though, whenever I do have time to chit-chat she's there, and its like we never skipped a beat. 

I hope you know how much your friendship means to me, Caity. I love you! 






No comments:

Post a Comment