Thursday, February 9, 2012

War Eagle from The Hill!



Yesterday was an AUsome day! Ok, I admit that was super cheesy, but I couldn't resist. Anyway, I was at work and our Staff Assistant was talking to a man in an orange tie. The orange tie didn't register until she introduced me to him. He is the Public Affairs Director at Auburn and had a group of people with him visiting the Alabama delegation for meetings. Once I started talking to him, he asked if I'd like to meet Dr. Gogue.

Um.... are you serious right now? Of course I would like to meet Auburn's President! So I follow Mr. Keeter out to the hall and am surrounded by about five men in orange ties. Ahhhhh, there's no better color tie to be surrounded by, especially accompanied by a blue suit.

So I am introduced to all of these men and they are asking me questions all about myself- what college am I in at Auburn, how's the internship going, what are my plans after graduation. So after about a ten minute talk with the Auburn men I went back to the office.

It was honestly the coolest day ever. I had been at Auburn for 3 1/2 years and never once even came close to meeting Dr. Gogue. Then of course, while living in the city of opportunities, I meet him! And not only that, I emailed my resume to Mr. Keeter to glance at if he gets some time. Let's keep our fingers crossed people.

I am such a hopeless romantic when it comes to anything Auburn. For example, I tear up while watching the eagle circle the stadium, I tear up while the football team is running out, I tear up while thinking about my experience at Auburn. Pretty much I'm crying all the time about how much I love my school :) Not really, but you get my point. So, meeting the President of the university I am currently a student at made for a wonderful Wednesday. Even if nothing is made out of the networking email I sent, I am a happy camper.

So being in this city I now call home pulled through for me again. Thanks, DC!

No comments:

Post a Comment