Saturday, February 11, 2012

To see or not to see?

Last night I had the pleasure of experiencing China Town on a Friday night before a Wizards/Heat game. The atmosphere was right up my alley. There were people everywhere, the music was blaring, and I saw "The Vow". I was so excited for this movie! Some girls from my office had bought our tickets a couple days in advance, and we even had time to go to happy hour before the movie. Talk about a good night!



The main problem was the movie didn't meet my expectations, which I was bummed about. Overall though, it was cute. Channing Tatum is totally candy to the eyes, but his acting is a little dry. I was hoping this would be the movie that saved him for me. Obviously, I'm still madly in love with his gorgeous looks (& he's from Alabama!) but not his blah acting. It could be the roles he plays, though... and for his good looks' sake, we'll go with that.

The next problem I had with this movie was the stupid trailer. I fell in love with the movie and the characters before I even saw it thanks to the numerous amounts of times that I watched the trailer. As much footage from the movie as they showed, I didn't even have to see the movie to know how it would turn out.

The third problem with "The Vow" is that there was too much of what I like to call "middle time." Without spoiling the entire plot for you, there was too much down/depressing time... and Lord knows that bothers me because I'm a sucker for a happy ending.

So besides it being super predictable, having a depressing vibe (majority of the time) and Channing Tatum not pulling through for me, it was a good movie. I wouldn't pay $14 to see it again (yes I'm aware that China Town movie prices are ridiculous) but I would recommend it... to watch at home from a dollar redbox machine.


No comments:

Post a Comment