Thursday, February 2, 2012

January favs.

Now that February is here (I can't believe it's already February) I'm going to let you in the loop on some of my favorite things from the month of January. I'm going to try to do these monthly just for the heck of it. This subject doesn't really need much of an explanation because it's pretty much self explanatory. So here we go:


Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correcting primer. Um thank you Smashbox for making my days a little bit brighter. I use the green one since I have redness in my complexion. You literally only have to use a pea sized amount because a little goes a long way which makes the product even better because the tube will last ages. I put a little on before applying my mineral foundation and just like magic, the makeup stays on my face all day long, literally. No touch ups required throughout the day whatsoever, and by the time I get home it looks as if I've maybe had my makeup on for a couple hours. Which brings me to my next January fav:

bareMinerals matte foundation. Do I even need to go into detail? Yes, because you must know how amazing this is. I refuse to wear liquid foundation because it's so awful for my complexion. I went to Ulta on the look out for something that has good coverage without the cakey feel of liquid makeup, and that's when I stumbled upon this product. The key to mineral makeup is layering. Using a brush I add layers where needed and it just makes everything look so smooth and perfect. Ahhhh :)


This is totally opposite of the other two, but this water bottle is the coolest invention since cell phones. Not really, but you catch my drift. Anyway it's a water bottle that's like no other, what else do you need to know? 

This perfume is by far my favorite this month, and will probably be a favorite for next month too. Apparently it's a Valentine's Day special, but if they get rid of it after Valentine's Day, I will go insane. It is the most amazing smelling perfume ever and I'm obsessed. The one and only complaint I have is that the smell doesn't last long and wears off pretty soon after spraying, very unlike Chance by Chanel. 



My last January favorite are my co-interns. This picture was taken at Spider Kellys in Clarendon. These two have really made DC so enjoyable for me! We get drinks after work, talk about life, and other fun Hill related topics. Rachel (the girl) is from New Jersey and went to Duke. Jackson (the boy) is from Montgomery... small world, and went to Alabama, gag. Thanks to these two I have had a social life with people my own age since I've moved here. They are lots of fun and always keep me laughing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment