Sunday, January 29, 2012

My new addiction.

So this post might be a little off topic, but hey, I'm the one writing so I can do what I want right?! :) Ever since I can remember I've loved reading, or should I say casual reading. Reading in college wasn't as enjoyable, because the professors were choosing what we had to read. So about two months ago (after college reading was over) I started reading this book:

& to begin with, I loved it. Jodi Picoult is my all time favorite author. A boy in high-school has Asperger's syndrome and is accused of murdering his tutor. Sounds good right? I thought so too, until about 600 pages later it ended. The last 100 pages or so I was miserably bored as the author writes about the trial. She basically repeats what we had already read but in speaking form during the trial. Anyways, once it ended I felt like I had wasted two months of my life. The day it ended, I started reading a book that has literally become my new addiction. I'm sure everyone has heard about it, because it's been out forever... I'm a little late on this one:


Um, can I express my seriousness when I say how amazing this book is. I have not put it down since I started yesterday and if I wasn't babysitting all weekend, I would be done with it. The reason why I say it's an addiction is because it is! If I'm not reading it, I'm thinking about it. Thank gosh there are two more after this book, because I'm not sure what I would do if I finished reading it and had nothing else as good to read. Obviously, I will be done with the book in a couple days. When the movie comes out on March 23rd I will be beyond ready to see it. The Hunger Games has definitely lifted my spirits after House Rules was a flop. Jodi Picoult can't keep letting me down, though. Some of her books (17 minutes, Plain Truth, & The Pact) have been my all time favorites. Maybe the next one I read of hers will keep up with my standards ;) Until then, I will be preoccupied with Suzanne Collins.

Okay, so I guess that is enough ranting and raving about books for now... Must. keep. reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment