Thursday, June 28, 2012

Workin' On My Fitness.

So ever since Mark and I started dating, he's been telling me all the pros of going to the gym. It was all jibberish to me and I pretty much blew him off until about 3 weeks ago when I promised I'd go to the gym with him. Ever since then I have been on a super duper health kick. I immediately found a gym buddy, and she and I have been going to the gym every day! Not only that, but I've been trying to eat healthier too.

Thanks to my best friend, Pinterest, I found a "3 day detox" that my mom and I are starting tomorrow. Now it's not an actual detox, more or less like eating healthy for 3 days... with no cokes, only water. What in the world am I going to do? I'm hoping this can ween me off of the unhealthy drinks and snacks I tend to chose over the healthy ones and I can start eating healthier!

Our entire days menu is about what I would eat in one sitting, not really but it's pretty bare. The first day goes as followed:

Breakfast: Fruit Puree (1/2 cup strawberries, 1/2 apple, and and orange)

Snack: Green Tea and Lemon. (We're switching this up and having Lipton's Green Tea instead, shhh!)

Lunch: Fresh Salad

Snack: Smoothie 1/2 cup strawberries, 1/2 banana, and ice

Dinner: 3 oz whole grain pasta, 1/2 cup marinara, and garlic

So you get this jist right? We'll be eating like birds for 3 days in hopes of feeling new and refreshed! I hope it works because I'll be STARVING! Every day the menu changes slightly, so your not bored with the food. I'm super excited to give it a shot. Day 3 we get meat for dinner, yahoooo!

When I sent my mom the menu and the idea of doing this together, she replied: "I guess we need a blender." That's her way of saying she's excited too, haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment