Sunday, April 15, 2012

Recently...

Since this blog is titled "My Life AND Other Girly Goodies" I figured I'd include some actual things that have been going on in my life rather than the normal girly goodies I've posted about. My internship is quickly coming to an end. This week will be my last week in DC, and I head back to Alabama on Monday. I'll take a pit stop in South Carolina to break up my traveling time and to visit one of my best friends, Trey. Until then I'll be packing, organizing, loading up my car, and preparing myself for the severe sadness that I'll be going through when I head back down South.

Quick mood change now, didn't mean to take it to that level. Let's backtrack a couple of days/weeks to some interesting things I've been up to! My family and I picked the most amazing weekend ever to see the cherry blossoms. We went on St. Patty's day! They were in full bloom, and absolutely amazing. We packed a picnic, and hung out on some grass while playing ball in between bites of food. Here's some pics from that:

My mom came to visit during the last weekend of March! I was so excited to see her and have some much needed mom time. Her plane was delayed on Friday so we didn't do much. We ordered room service (pizza and cokes) and hit the sack. On Saturday we did some shopping and sightseeing. We ate at fun restaurants and watched movies. I even talked her into seeing the Hunger Games (the second time for me). Sunday we did a little more shopping (our favorite past time if you can't tell) and rented a movie in the room. We relaxed, talked, laughed, and had a blast. Here's some pictures from our short time together: 


The last blog worthy thing I've done lately is attend the White House Easter Egg Roll! It was pretty cool to walk around the White House grounds. Obviously, the focus is toward children, but it was so fun to see Summer's face when seeing new exciting things. Autumn is too young and enjoys herself regardless of the location, White House or not. But here's the one picture from the White House that will upload. There are many others on facebook, but I'm still annoyed that I can't upload more here... oh well.


Now that I'm all caught up blogging on the fun DC experiences I've had it's close to being time for me to leave. I can't believe 4 months have gone by so fast, but we'll save the emotions for another post. For now, I'm happy as a clam and having an amazing end to a semester well spent with wonderful family and new friends :) 





No comments:

Post a Comment